Powered By Blogger

Friday, February 25, 2011

Grammar: Easy To Learn But Hard To Apply






Filipino people are known as one of the best English speakers here in Asia. But more uneducated people are still growing here in the Philippines and doesn't know how to read and write in English form. When our teacher said that she collected some of are incorrect sentences in our blog. I felt nervous because I thought that I had errors written on the paper that my teacher gave to us. I was right I have 3 or more incorrect sentences written in the paper. At first, I felt humiliated when I saw it. After I read my errors, I realized that next time I need to be more careful in writing sentences and to follow rules in grammar. Also don't do sentences so fast because the person will may not notice his/her wrong grammar. I also realized that when I write sentences I must read it again and again so that I can identify my errors and change it with a right one.






In writing a sentence it must have a right grammar so that the readers will understand it. In our previous lessons about grammar I learned a lot of things in writing sentences and its help me to write a correct sentence. If my teacher didn’t thought us how to use a correct grammar I can’t write a correct paragraph. Also I would not improved my writings if I don’t have grammar lessons


I can improve my grammar and skills in grammar by studying my grammar lessons well and practicing speaking in English with my self. Also reading English books so that I can learn new unfamiliar words that I can use in writing. Also using dictionary in finding words that I do not know the right meaning so that I can use it correctly. Even though I can’t perfect my grammar and writing skills in English but I can minimize my mistakes.










Only in grammar can you be more than perfect.  ~William Safire


1 comment: